Ohashi, who grew up in Newcastle, competed for the first time since her Jan. 12 floor exercise resulted in a perfect score of 10 and a video that has been viewed about 42 million times.
UCLA gymnast — and internet sensation — Katelyn Ohashi competed Monday for the first time since her Jan. 12 floor exercise resulted in a perfect score of 10 and a video that has been viewed about 42 million times.
Ohashi, who grew up in Newcastle, got a floor-exercise score of 9.95 points in a 197.775-196.125 victory over Arizona State before a crowd of 10,270 at Pauley Pavilion on the UCLA campus.
“I just had fun out there,” Ohashi said. “I watered down the routine a little bit since last week.”
The senior left out a couple of elements, she said while laughing, “due to some technical difficulties.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Impressions from the Seahawks' 25-19 preseason loss against the Minnesota Vikings | Analysis VIEW
- Shaquem Griffin, an inspirational NFL story, might be on the bubble to make the 2019 Seahawks roster | Larry Stone
- UW Huskies back in contention for Sav'ell Smalls after 5-star LB from Kennedy Catholic releases top 6
- Seahawks notebook: DK Metcalf to have knee surgery Tuesday, Marquise Blair leaves with back spasms WATCH
- Five questions for the Seahawks in preseason game No. 2 against the Minnesota Vikings | Analysis
Ohashi began her involvement in the sport at Gymnastics East in Bellevue when she was 3. She went to high school in Plano, Texas.
UCLA is scheduled to compete against Washington on Feb. 10 in Seattle.