Ohashi, who grew up in Newcastle, competed for the first time since her Jan. 12 floor exercise resulted in a perfect score of 10 and a video that has been viewed about 42 million times.
UCLA gymnast — and internet sensation — Katelyn Ohashi competed Monday for the first time since her Jan. 12 floor exercise resulted in a perfect score of 10 and a video that has been viewed about 42 million times.
Ohashi, who grew up in Newcastle, got a floor-exercise score of 9.95 points in a 197.775-196.125 victory over Arizona State before a crowd of 10,270 at Pauley Pavilion on the UCLA campus.
“I just had fun out there,” Ohashi said. “I watered down the routine a little bit since last week.”
The senior left out a couple of elements, she said while laughing, “due to some technical difficulties.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- 'You mean the nicest guy in camp': Evan White is the future at first base for the Mariners
- Bobby Wagner remains a constant at linebacker for Seahawks but there could be a lot of change elsewhere | 2019 position analysis
- Co-defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake staying at Washington, with a smile on his face | Matt Calkins
- For the Pac-12, the road to the NCAA tournament goes through Washington
- Three impressions from UW's 72-70 win at WSU: Huskies are close to locking up the Pac-12 title WATCH
Ohashi began her involvement in the sport at Gymnastics East in Bellevue when she was 3. She went to high school in Plano, Texas.
UCLA is scheduled to compete against Washington on Feb. 10 in Seattle.