Ohashi, who grew up in Newcastle, competed for the first time since her Jan. 12 floor exercise resulted in a perfect score of 10 and a video that has been viewed about 42 million times.
UCLA gymnast — and internet sensation — Katelyn Ohashi competed Monday for the first time since her Jan. 12 floor exercise resulted in a perfect score of 10 and a video that has been viewed about 42 million times.
Ohashi, who grew up in Newcastle, got a floor-exercise score of 9.95 points in a 197.775-196.125 victory over Arizona State before a crowd of 10,270 at Pauley Pavilion on the UCLA campus.
“I just had fun out there,” Ohashi said. “I watered down the routine a little bit since last week.”
The senior left out a couple of elements, she said while laughing, “due to some technical difficulties.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- KeyArena renovation project now to exceed $900 million, with reopening pushed back VIEW
- GM John Schneider updates where things stand with Frank Clark, Bobby Wagner, Doug Baldwin WATCH
- Seahawks schedule analysis: Ranking and breaking down each game on Seattle's 2019 slate
- Why 2019 safety signee Asa Turner committed to a program, a position and a coach at Washington
- Seahawks 2019 regular-season schedule is set — Seattle will get five prime-time games
Ohashi began her involvement in the sport at Gymnastics East in Bellevue when she was 3. She went to high school in Plano, Texas.
UCLA is scheduled to compete against Washington on Feb. 10 in Seattle.