Ohashi, who grew up in Newcastle, competed for the first time since her Jan. 12 floor exercise resulted in a perfect score of 10 and a video that has been viewed about 42 million times.
UCLA gymnast — and internet sensation — Katelyn Ohashi competed Monday for the first time since her Jan. 12 floor exercise resulted in a perfect score of 10 and a video that has been viewed about 42 million times.
Ohashi, who grew up in Newcastle, got a floor-exercise score of 9.95 points in a 197.775-196.125 victory over Arizona State before a crowd of 10,270 at Pauley Pavilion on the UCLA campus.
“I just had fun out there,” Ohashi said. “I watered down the routine a little bit since last week.”
The senior left out a couple of elements, she said while laughing, “due to some technical difficulties.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Instant analysis: Three impressions from the UW Huskies' 45-19 win over BYU VIEW
- 'He's an NFL quarterback': Jacob Eason was at his finest against BYU — and others took notice | Larry Stone
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Gardner Minshew isn't the Northwest's first out-of-nowhere sports story, but he may be the best | Matt Calkins
- Huskies GameCenter: Live updates, how to watch No. 22 UW's road test against BYU Cougars
Ohashi began her involvement in the sport at Gymnastics East in Bellevue when she was 3. She went to high school in Plano, Texas.
UCLA is scheduled to compete against Washington on Feb. 10 in Seattle.