Ohashi, who grew up in Newcastle, competed for the first time since her Jan. 12 floor exercise resulted in a perfect score of 10 and a video that has been viewed about 42 million times.
UCLA gymnast — and internet sensation — Katelyn Ohashi competed Monday for the first time since her Jan. 12 floor exercise resulted in a perfect score of 10 and a video that has been viewed about 42 million times.
Ohashi, who grew up in Newcastle, got a floor-exercise score of 9.95 points in a 197.775-196.125 victory over Arizona State before a crowd of 10,270 at Pauley Pavilion on the UCLA campus.
“I just had fun out there,” Ohashi said. “I watered down the routine a little bit since last week.”
The senior left out a couple of elements, she said while laughing, “due to some technical difficulties.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Colin Kaepernick escaped NFL's trap, but league still got its desired outcome from workout | Larry Stone
- Will Jadeveon Clowney re-sign with the Seahawks? 'I don’t care about looking down the road,' he says WATCH
- While WSU's Andre Dillard likely to start for Eagles, UW's Sidney Jones faces harsh NFL realities
- Why Washington football fans should — (gulp) — root for Oregon and Utah
- Seahawks waive cornerback Jamar Taylor to make room on roster for tight end Ed Dickson WATCH
Ohashi began her involvement in the sport at Gymnastics East in Bellevue when she was 3. She went to high school in Plano, Texas.
UCLA is scheduled to compete against Washington on Feb. 10 in Seattle.