The top seeds easily advanced to the round-of-16 Wednesday at the Washington State Open at the Seattle Tennis club.
Jason Jung, the No. 1 seed in the men’s Open division, defeated Brian Patrick Foley 6-2, 6-1.
Gail Brodsky of Kirkland, the top-seeded woman, beat Snohomish’s Andrea Olson 6-2, 6-4.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Seattle-Dublin nonstop flights to begin in May 2018
- Cleveland Browns waive Kasen Williams, could a return to Seahawks be in the offing?
• Washington was in eighth place among 18 teams after the second round of the Girls Junior America’s Cup golf tournament at the University of New Mexico Golf Course in Albuquerque.
Washington’s Sierra Kersten, Bree Wanderscheid, Ashley Fitzgibbons and Lauryn Keating were at 23-over 453. Mexico leads at 7 under.
• Washington won 6-4 over Alaska in its opening game of the Junior League Western Region in Vancouver.
From sports information reports.