AUBURN — The 3-year-olds take center stage at Emerald Downs this weekend, beginning with the $65,000 Washington Oaks on Saturday and the $65,000 Emerald Downs Derby on Sunday.
8 -mile Oaks, the top race of the meet for 3-year-old fillies, drew a field of six, headed by Stopshoppingdebbie, unbeaten in four career races. She once again has to deal with her stablemates from trainer Tom Wenzel’s barn, Goin to the Window and Blueberry Smoothie.
Stopshoppingdebbie, Goin to the Window and Blueberry Smoothie have finished 1-2-3 in three straight stakes races at Emerald.
Music of My Soul, last year’s 2-year-old male champion at Emerald, can take a step toward winning division honors again when he heads a field of six in the Emerald Downs Derby at 11
8 miles. Among the challengers is Mike Man’s Gold, who won last month’s Seattle Slew Handicap at 18-1.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Naked, drunken man drives into tree while having sex near Tacoma, police say
- Seattle pot-shop mural: art or ad appealing to kids?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Skagit River causes major flooding from highest flow in 11 years