With Jimmy Shane battling a fuel problem in the 5 Graham Trucking, Steve David and the 1 Oh Boy! Oberto qualified at the top of the 11-boat field at the Lamb-Weston Columbia Cup, with a speed of 158.766.
Shane finally got on the water late and qualified fifth with a speed of 151.399.
Jon Zimmerman of Team RedDot powered by Les Schwab Tires earned second place at 155.089.
Third and fourth were Kip Brown in the 95 Spirit of Qatar at 154.422 and J Michael Kelly in the 37 Miss Beacon Plumbing at 151.778.
Most Read Stories
- Rebound with redemption: Huskies come back to beat Utah behind the unlikeliest of heroes
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup
- Parents, adult son believed dead in Sammamish murder-suicide
- Huskies won't repeat as Pac-12 champs, but their consolation prize? The game of the year
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate