The 3-year-olds are in the spotlight with a pair of stakes races Sunday at Auburn’s Emerald Downs.
Fillies will compete in the $50,000 Irish Day Handicap at one mile, and colts and geldings will vie in the $50,000 Coca-Cola Handicap, also at one mile.
Trainer Tom Wenzel will likely have the top three choices in the Irish Day Handicap after stablemates Stopshoppingdebbie, Goin to the Window and Blueberry Smoothie went 1-2-3 in last month’s Seattle Handicap.
Carving is the 5-2 morning-line favorite for the Coca-Cola Handicap.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- 2 shot at Capitol Hill nightclub in Seattle
- 'I just can’t take these night games': Husky football fans tired of late games, with little notice
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
• Gallyn Mitchell, the track’s all-time leading rider with 1,347 wins, returned to action just 61 days after suffering a major heart attack April 22.
From track reports