NICE, France – Orica-GreenEdge won the team time trial Tuesday to put Australian rider Simon Gerrans in the race leader’s yellow jersey after four stages of the Tour de France.
Orica edged pacesetter Omega Pharma-Quickstep for the victory. Orica finished 15.5 miles in 25 minutes, 56 seconds.
Orica was ridiculed during Saturday’s opening stage when its team bus became stuck on the finish line because it was wedged under scaffolding.
Gerrans, 33, took the overall lead from Belgian Jan Bakelants of the RadioShack Leopard team. Bakelants dropped to 32nd place.
Most Read Stories
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Seahawks' Kam Chancellor likely out for season, report says, but Pete Carroll says nothing official yet WATCH
- Rebound with redemption: Huskies come back to beat Utah behind the unlikeliest of heroes
Tour favorite Chris Froome’s Sky team finished third; Froome is in seventh place.