Named by volleyball’s highest governing body (FIVB) as the greatest volleyball player of the 20th century, Karch Kiraly is currently the U.S. Women’s National Volleyball coach as well as an ambassador for the sport.
During his legendary playing career he won three NCAA championships at UCLA and then went on to win three Olympic gold medals, He is still the only person to win Olympic golds in both indoor and beach volleyball.
He’s in Seattle to promote the 2013 NCAA Women’s Volleyball Championship which is being held at KeyArena Dec. 19-21.
Kiraly answered questions about his illustrious career, coaching the U.S. women’s team, the current NCAA volleyball scene and more in a live chat on Dec. 4.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- 2 shot at Capitol Hill nightclub in Seattle
- 'I just can’t take these night games': Husky football fans tired of late games, with little notice
- Before losing cancer battle, Ben Cushing inspired Cougars, Huskies to band together