Mike Gastineau was a fixture at Sports Radio KJR for 21 years, hosting more than 5,000 shows.
Last December he decided to step away from the microphone to explore other creative opportunities.
During his time at KJR, he also spearheaded a yearly auction, the “KJR Kares-a-thon,” which has raised more than $1.5 million in 17 years for Puget Sound charities.
The “Gas Man” answered questions about Seattle sports, his broadcasting days at KJR and more in a live chat Feb. 6 on seattletimes.com.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Seattle-Dublin nonstop flights to begin in May 2018
- Cleveland Browns waive Kasen Williams, could a return to Seahawks be in the offing?