Puget Sound dropped its opening game of the Babe Ruth 14-Year-Old World Series in Moses Lake, losing 12-3 to Longwood, Fla., on Sunday.
Longwood’s Jared Tummins struck out nine, pitching all seven innings. Longwood’s bats came alive against Puget Sound relievers Jack Newman and AJ Lachini, who both gave up four runs in one inning of work each.
Puget Sound has three games left in pool play of the tournament, which ends on Sunday.
Moses Lake, the tournament host, fell 12-0 to Bryant, Ark.
Most Read Stories
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup
- Rebound with redemption: Huskies come back to beat Utah behind the unlikeliest of heroes
- Parents, adult son believed dead in Sammamish murder-suicide
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Huskies won't repeat as Pac-12 champs, but their consolation prize? The game of the year
• Jody Lang of Puyallup won the Super Stock division of the NHRA Lucas Oil Regional event at Pacific Raceways in Kent. Lang defeated Kory Alby of Coos Bay, Ore.
Chris Demke of Sunland, Calif., won the Top Alcohol Dragster division and S
teve Gasparrelli of West Covina, Calif., won the Top Alcohol Funny Car division.
From sports-information reports.