NASCAR has indefinitely banned a driver's girlfriend from all events for slapping a rival racer after the Truck Series race Sunday in Bowmanville, Ontario.
NASCAR has indefinitely banned a driver’s girlfriend from all events for slapping a rival racer after the Truck Series race Sunday in Bowmanville, Ontario.
NASCAR said Wednesday that Kelly Heaphy, driver Mike Skeen’s girlfriend, also was fined $2,500 for slapping Max Papis in the face.
Papis and Skeen had been battling for third in the closing laps of the race until contact between the two on the last lap ruined Papis’ finish. The two hit again during the cool-down lap, and Papis voiced his displeasure about Skeen during his post-race interview. Heaphy then approached Papis and slapped him.
Papis finished sixth in the road race, and Skeen was 13th.
Most Read Stories
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Seahawks' Kam Chancellor likely out for season, report says, but Pete Carroll says nothing official yet WATCH
- Rebound with redemption: Huskies come back to beat Utah behind the unlikeliest of heroes