With an 11-win lead and only seven days left in the 2010 meeting, Tim McCanna appears headed for a fourth consecutive training title and...
With an 11-win lead and only seven days left in the 2010 meeting, Tim McCanna appears headed for a fourth consecutive training title and his 10th in the 15-year history of Emerald Downs.
With 62 wins, McCanna has a good chance to break his single-season record of 66 wins set in 2008.
A couple of months ago, another McCanna title didn’t seem likely. On June 30, he was in fourth place, 10 wins back, as Frank Lucarelli and Vann Belvoir were tied for first with 30 wins.
Since July 1, McCanna has won with 42 of 155 starters — 27 percent wins — to gain the top spot.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks mailbag: Breaking down the UDFA situation, a George Fant update and some (very) quick-hitters
- Who knows if new NFL anthem policy will work, but here’s why protests should stop | Matt Calkins
- Seahawks' K.J. Wright calls NFL's new anthem policy 'crazy,' and Doug Baldwin says it's disappointing
- Somehow, with several key players missing, Mariners eke out 10-inning win
- ‘It’s unbelievable how far the ball goes’: Joe Wainhouse’s power wows UW baseball coaches
The older horse stakes division at Emerald has concluded, but stakes-quality horses still remain.
Last year’s horse of the meeting, Assessment, faces four challengers, including stakes winners Winning Machine and Gallon, in a $21,500 allowance race Sunday at one mile. It is the ninth race on the card.