With an 11-win lead and only seven days left in the 2010 meeting, Tim McCanna appears headed for a fourth consecutive training title and...
With an 11-win lead and only seven days left in the 2010 meeting, Tim McCanna appears headed for a fourth consecutive training title and his 10th in the 15-year history of Emerald Downs.
With 62 wins, McCanna has a good chance to break his single-season record of 66 wins set in 2008.
A couple of months ago, another McCanna title didn’t seem likely. On June 30, he was in fourth place, 10 wins back, as Frank Lucarelli and Vann Belvoir were tied for first with 30 wins.
Since July 1, McCanna has won with 42 of 155 starters — 27 percent wins — to gain the top spot.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle federal prosecutor Thomas Wales was possibly killed by hired gunman, FBI official says
- ‘Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying’ in Seattle’s Greenwood area – well, not quite
- Report: NBA and Kevin Durant are coming back to Seattle ... for a Warriors-Kings preseason game
- 'It's not going to warm up': Record-breaking cold in Olympia, Bellingham as chill lingers
- See how Mount Rainier glaciers have vanished over time, with this eye-opening photo project
The older horse stakes division at Emerald has concluded, but stakes-quality horses still remain.
Last year’s horse of the meeting, Assessment, faces four challengers, including stakes winners Winning Machine and Gallon, in a $21,500 allowance race Sunday at one mile. It is the ninth race on the card.