The agent for Ramon Dominguez says the jockey fractured his skull in a spill during Friday's seventh race at Aqueduct.
JAMAICA, N.Y. — The agent for Ramon Dominguez says the jockey fractured his skull in a spill during Friday’s seventh race at Aqueduct.
Dominguez received the Eclipse Award as North America’s top jockey for 2010 and 2011 and is considered a serious candidate to win for the third consecutive time when the 2012 awards are presented Saturday.
Agent Steve Rushing said Dominguez’s wife, Sharon, told him results of a CT scan revealed the skull fracture. Rushing said he has been told the next “24 to 48 hours can be critical.”
Dominguez’s mount, Convocation, clipped heels with Sovereign Default and the rider was thrown to the track. Dominguez, 36, was in stable condition at a hospital.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- 'I just can’t take these night games': Husky football fans tired of late games, with little notice
- 2 shot at Capitol Hill nightclub in Seattle
- Before losing cancer battle, Ben Cushing inspired Cougars, Huskies to band together VIEW