Jimmy Shane in U-5 Graham Trucking won the Coeur d’Alene Diamond Cup in the Unlimited Hydroplane circuit Sunday.
The 28-year-old new dad followed up his Albert Lee Cup at Seafair win as the unlimited hydros returned to Coeur d’Alene after an absence of 45 years.
Shane held off J. Michael Kelly in the U-37 Miss Beacon Plumbing.
Most Read Stories
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Expect record-high temps, 'copious rain' in Seattle area as we head toward Thanksgiving VIEW
- Fake field goal? An errant challenge? Blame Pete Carroll for Seahawks' loss to Atlanta
- Bicyclist dies in hit-and-run crash in Sodo, police say
• Vodka With Ice, an 8-year-old Texas-bred, set a track record in winning the $60,000 Bank of America Emerald Downs Championship Challenge for Quarter Horses.
Ridden by Cesar DeAlba, Vodka With Ice ran 440 yards in: 21.66 seconds and paid $7, $4 and $5.60.
Snowbound Superchick, ridden by Ruben Camacho, finished second by a head.
J Mancus was third.
• The Washington State volleyball team (3-0) defeated Army, 25-19, 16-25, 25-18, 25-12 at the Black Knights Invitational in West Point, NY.
• The Seattle University men’s soccer team (0-2-0) grabbed the early lead and took Delaware (2-0-0) to overtime, but a golden goal by Delaware’s Evan Reed in the first overtime sealed a 3-2 victory.
•The Washington State women’s soccer team earned a 1-0 nonconference victory over visiting Eastern Washington.
• Connor Honey had two goals and an assist to help lead the Seattle Thunderbirds to a 6-4 exhibition victory win over the Spokane Chiefs.
From sports-information reports.