Green Lake Crew from Seattle won its round of 16 race in the Thames Challenge Cup for club eights at the Henley Royal Regatta in Henley, England, on Thursday.
Green Lake Crew defeated Lady Rohesia Club of England and advanced to face Griffen B.C. of England on Friday.
Washington’s men’s crews will compete in the Ladies’ Challenge Cup starting Fridayand the Grand Challenge Cup starting on Saturday.
The Associated Press
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- 2 shot at Capitol Hill nightclub in Seattle
- 'I just can’t take these night games': Husky football fans tired of late games, with little notice
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events