The Eastlake Little League team batted around in the first inning and the last inning. That was more than enough to cruise to a 16-2 victory over Cody, Wyo., Saturday in the Northwest Regional tournament in San Bernardino, Calif.
Eastlake is atop the region with a 2-0 record in pool play. They will play against Billings, Mont., at 8 p.m. Monday.
Top-seeded Gail Brodsky of Kirkland, defeated third-seeded Maggy Lehmicke of Kirkland, 6-4, 7-6 to reach the final of the women’s open singles at the Washington State Open at the Seattle Tennis Club.
Most Read Stories
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup
- Rebound with redemption: Huskies come back to beat Utah behind the unlikeliest of heroes
- Parents, adult son believed dead in Sammamish murder-suicide
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Huskies won't repeat as Pac-12 champs, but their consolation prize? The game of the year
Riko Shimizu, who will be a junior at Washington, defeated former Husky Denise
Dy 6-3, 7-5 in the other semifinal.
In men’s open singles, No. 1 seed Jason Jung of Torrance, Calif., defeated Boise’s Andrew Bettles 7-5, 6-2 and Julio Peralta, the No. 2 seed, defeated Luke Shields of Grand Junction, Colo., 6-2, 6-2.
Sunday matches begin at 10 a.m.
The Columbia Senior League baseball team from the Vancouver area fell 4-1 to Nogales, Ariz., in the Western Regional tournament in Ontario, Calif. Columbia plays Manhattan Beach, Calif., on Sunday.
From team reports and other sources.