The Eastlake Little League baseball team of Sammamish opened group play in the Northwest Regional tournament in San Bernardino, Calif., with a dominant 10-2 victory over a team from Anchorage, Alaska.
“I think you will see more hitting on Saturday,” Eastlake coach Rob Chandler said. His team will play Cody (Wyo.) at 5 p.m. on Saturday.
Former NBA player Craig Ehlo was released from jail Friday and ordered to stay away from family members and his rural Spokane County home. A judge set Ehlo’s arraignment for Aug. 14 on a charge of first-degree reckless burning, The Spokesman-Review reported.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- 2 shot at Capitol Hill nightclub in Seattle
- 'I just can’t take these night games': Husky football fans tired of late games, with little notice
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
No. 5 seed Riko Shimizu, who will be a junior at Washington this fall, won her quarterfinal match at the Washington State Open at the Seattle Tennis Club.
On the men’s side, No. 1 seed Jason Jung of Torrance, Calif., easily advanced to the semifinals.
Incoming UW freshman Kevin Kwon won his second consecutive Canadian Junior Boys Championship at Timberwolf Golf Club in Sudbury, Ont.
Sports-information reports were used in this article