The main draw starts Friday at 9 a.m.; general admission is free.
The AVP Seattle Open began play Thursday with qualifying matches, setting the final four men’s and women’s main draw spots in beach volleyball action at Lake Sammamish State Park.
The main draw starts Friday at 9 a.m.; general admission is free. Amazon Prime Video will offer live streaming coverage of the main draw matches. NBC Sports Network will air the finals on Sunday at 4:30 p.m. The main draw will be a 16-team, double-elimination format.
Top players competing on Friday include the men’s No. 1-ranked duo of Phil Dalhausser and Nick Lucena.
On the women’s side, watch for top-seeded Kelly Claes and Brittany Hochevar, two-time Olympic medalist April Ross with Caitlin Ledoux and No. 2 seeded Emily Day and Betsi Flint.
Most Read Sports Stories
- How a group of Seahawks donated — perhaps unwittingly — to politicians who oppose their views VIEW
- What to watch for when the Seahawks play the Arizona Cardinals — plus Bob Condotta's prediction
- The Seahawks' quest to win the West — and maybe the NFC — starts Sunday at Arizona
- Seahawks-Cardinals GameCenter: Live updates, highlights, how to watch, stream
- We're about to find out just how good the Seahawks are
Two-time defending Seattle Open champion Billy Allen will be teamed with Ryan Doherty.
This is the fourth straight year the AVP Tour is making a stop in Seattle. Competition continues through Sunday.
• The four women’s teams to advance were: Nicolette Martin/Allie Wheeler; Delaney Knudsen/ Jessica Sykora; Falyn Fonoimoana/Alexa Strange; and Cassie House/Molly Turner.
• The four men’s teams were: Maddison McKibbin/Riley McKibbin; Marty Lorenz/Raffe Paulis; Eric Beranek/Michael Brunsting; and Michael Boag/Skylar del Sol.