Apolo Ohno and J. R. Celski advanced after the first day of short track speed skating competition at the Samsung ISU World Cup in Salt Lake...
Apolo Ohno and J.R. Celski advanced after the first day of short track speed skating competition at the Samsung ISU World Cup in Salt Lake City.
Ohno, 26, of Seattle, finished the 1,000 meters in 1 minute, 28.495 seconds in preliminaries. He won his heat.
Celski, 18, also from the Seattle area, finished third in his heat in the 1,000-meter preliminary, in 1:39.190.
In a heat for the 5,000-meter relay, of which both men are a part, the U.S. team finished first in 6:57.354 to advance. Ohno and Celski also advanced in the 1,500 meters.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mike Leach's tweet of doctored Obama video cost WSU $1.6 million in donations
- Seahawks center Justin Britt has not been happy with the officiating. Here's why.
- Pullman police video shows officer using Taser on former WSU football player WATCH
- What the national media are saying about the Seahawks' 27-24 win over Green Bay
- Three impressions from the Seahawks' comeback win over the Green Bay Packers