Apolo Ohno and J. R. Celski advanced after the first day of short track speed skating competition at the Samsung ISU World Cup in Salt Lake...
Apolo Ohno and J.R. Celski advanced after the first day of short track speed skating competition at the Samsung ISU World Cup in Salt Lake City.
Ohno, 26, of Seattle, finished the 1,000 meters in 1 minute, 28.495 seconds in preliminaries. He won his heat.
Celski, 18, also from the Seattle area, finished third in his heat in the 1,000-meter preliminary, in 1:39.190.
In a heat for the 5,000-meter relay, of which both men are a part, the U.S. team finished first in 6:57.354 to advance. Ohno and Celski also advanced in the 1,500 meters.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor raises 12th man flag, reveals he has spinal stenosis WATCH
- Earl Thomas in his own words: On sitting out Seahawks practice, and whether he might get traded
- 'Where's Waldo': No. 10 UW Huskies make N'Keal Harry go missing and shut down Sun Devils
- What we learned from the UW Huskies' 27-20 victory over Arizona State
- Seahawks GameCenter: Live updates, highlights from Seattle's home opener vs. Dallas Cowboys