NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — Ahmad Caver had 19 points, eight assists and four steals, B.J. Stith scored 17 with four 3-poitners and Old Dominion beat Southern Miss 78-60 on Saturday.
The Monarchs have claimed victory in 12 of their last 14 games.
Xavier Green added 13 points and five assists for Old Dominion (14-5, 4-2 Conference USA). The Monarchs hit 10 of 26 from 3-point range, 10 of 20 at the free-throw line and outrebounded Southern Miss 45-32.
The Monarchs ended the first half on a 25-7 run for a 40-29 lead after connecting on 7 of 16 from distance.
Most Read Sports Stories
- John Stockton’s defiance of COVID-19 mask mandate forces Gonzaga to suspend Hall of Famer’s season tickets
- Superstar Breanna Stewart leaving Seattle in free agency would send the Storm back to mediocrity
- Mariners mailbag: What could M's get for Taylor Trammell, Luis Torrens or Jake Fraley in a trade?
- New Mexico running back Aaron Dumas announces transfer to UW Huskies
- Will Conroy showcases coaching transformation by guiding UW men to win as acting head coach
Tyree Griffin scored 20 points and dished out seven assists for Southern Miss (11-8, 3-4). Tim Rowe added 11 points and Leonard Harper-Baker grabbed 14 rebounds.
It was Southern Miss’s eighth road game in its last 10 contests.