NORFOLF, Va. (AP) — Justice Kithcart had 13 points as Old Dominion topped North Texas 72-61 on Thursday night.
B.J. Stith had 12 points for Old Dominion (17-6, 7-3 Conference USA), which earned its fourth straight home victory. Kalu Ezikpe added 12 points and Xavier Green had 11.
Michael Miller had 17 points for the Mean Green (18-4, 6-3). Ryan Woolridge added 17 points and seven assists. Umoja Gibson had 14 points.
The Monarchs never trailed and led 36-28 at the break. North Texas pulled to 45-40, but Ahmad Caver hit a 3-pointer to spark a 19-10 surge and the Monarchs had a 14-point lead with about six minutes left. Caver finished six points and nine assists.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Fired WSU coach Nick Rolovich explains why he refused COVID-19 vaccine
- Here is Mariners' magic number to clinch first postseason berth since 2001
- What to watch for when No. 18 Washington opens Pac-12 play against Stanford, plus Mike Vorel's prediction
- Mariners’ Julio Rodriguez lands on 10-day injured list with back strain
- Stanford has wreaked havoc against UW in recent seasons. Can the Huskies stay hungry?
Old Dominion matches up against Rice at home on Saturday. North Texas takes on Charlotte on the road on Saturday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
Elements of this story were generated by Automated Insights,http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC,https://www.stats.com