JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Christian Agnew scored 26 points, Jamari Blackmon added 23, including five straight late, and North Alabama beat Jacksonville 91-88 on Wednesday night to win its third in a row.
Kendarius Smith scored 16 points and Kendall Stafford added 13 for the Lions (6-13, 3-1 Atlantic Sun), who made 12 of 25 3-pointers with Agnew and Blackmon hitting four apiece.
Jacksonville’s Rubio Tanner hit back-to-back 3s to tie it at 49 and the lead traded hands with neither team leading by more than three until Blackmon scored five straight for an 86-83 Lions’ lead with 18 seconds left. The teams traded two free throws apiece and JD Notae made 1 of 2 to bring the Dolphins within 89-88 with two seconds to go. Emanuel Littles iced it with two from the line and Notae’s 3 at the buzzer missed.
Notae scored 25 points, Jace Hogan added 16 and David Bell had 14 with 13 rebounds for Jacksonville (8-11, 1-3).
Most Read Sports Stories
- Kraken unveil new mascot, a troll named Buoy
- Mariners clinch first postseason berth since 2001 on walkoff home run
- Inside the Mariners’ clubhouse for a playoff-clinching celebration 21 years in the making
- As if these Mariners could clinch a playoff berth with anything other than dramatics
- No. 15 Washington's rally falls short in 40-32 loss to UCLA