BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — No. 6 seed Nicolas Jarry of Chile was eliminated in the first round of the Argentina Open on Monday.
Italian Lorenzo Sonego knocked out Jarry with a 6-7 (3), 6-4, 6-3 victory at Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club.
Albert Ramos-Vinolas of Spain, Christian Garin of Chile and German Maximilian Marterer also advanced.
Ramos-Vinolas beat Brazilian Rogerio Dutra Silva 6-3, 6-4, and Garin eliminated Felix Auger-Aliassime of Canada with a 3-6, 7-5, 6-3 win at the clay-court tournament. Marterer posted a 6-4, 6-2 victory over local favorite Facundo Bagnis.
Most Read Sports Stories
- He was the No. 1 amateur in the world as a senior at UW. Now, he's giving up professional golf.
- Four-star 2020 offensive lineman Roger Rosengarten commits to UW Huskies over rival Oregon
- The Seahawks offseason program gave us some clarity, but here are five questions we're still asking | Analysis
- Surprises, setbacks and successes: A progress report on Jerry Dipoto and the Mariners' offseason trades | Analysis
- Seahawks wrap up minicamp happy as clams, with none of the soap opera drama of 2018 | Larry Stone