BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — No. 6 seed Nicolas Jarry of Chile was eliminated in the first round of the Argentina Open on Monday.
Italian Lorenzo Sonego knocked out Jarry with a 6-7 (3), 6-4, 6-3 victory at Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club.
Albert Ramos-Vinolas of Spain, Christian Garin of Chile and German Maximilian Marterer also advanced.
Ramos-Vinolas beat Brazilian Rogerio Dutra Silva 6-3, 6-4, and Garin eliminated Felix Auger-Aliassime of Canada with a 3-6, 7-5, 6-3 win at the clay-court tournament. Marterer posted a 6-4, 6-2 victory over local favorite Facundo Bagnis.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Could Jeff Bezos buy the Seahawks? There is reportedly mutual interest with the NFL
- Megan Rapinoe won a Woman of the Year award. She thanked Colin Kaepernick.
- Injured Seahawks WR Tyler Lockett flies back to Seattle in Jody Allen's private jet Wednesday
- Here's what the national media are saying about the Seahawks' wild Monday Night Football win over San Francisco
- Steilacoom's Emeka Egbuka, nation's No. 1 junior athlete, getting five-star treatment