BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — No. 6 seed Nicolas Jarry of Chile was eliminated in the first round of the Argentina Open on Monday.
Italian Lorenzo Sonego knocked out Jarry with a 6-7 (3), 6-4, 6-3 victory at Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club.
Albert Ramos-Vinolas of Spain, Christian Garin of Chile and German Maximilian Marterer also advanced.
Ramos-Vinolas beat Brazilian Rogerio Dutra Silva 6-3, 6-4, and Garin eliminated Felix Auger-Aliassime of Canada with a 3-6, 7-5, 6-3 win at the clay-court tournament. Marterer posted a 6-4, 6-2 victory over local favorite Facundo Bagnis.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks' Jarran Reed suspended 6 games for violation of NFL's conduct policy following domestic-violence accusation
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster | Positions 30-21: Is it time for DK Metcalf to make an appearance? | Analysis
- Mariners turn in signature performance in 9-3 loss to the Angels
- Here’s a look at the tentative 2019-20 Pac-12 schedule for Washington
- 'I love you, Seattle fans': Finally, Mariners legend Edgar Martinez joins the Baseball Hall of Fame WATCH