BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — No. 6 seed Nicolas Jarry of Chile was eliminated in the first round of the Argentina Open on Monday.
Italian Lorenzo Sonego knocked out Jarry with a 6-7 (3), 6-4, 6-3 victory at Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club.
Albert Ramos-Vinolas of Spain, Christian Garin of Chile and German Maximilian Marterer also advanced.
Ramos-Vinolas beat Brazilian Rogerio Dutra Silva 6-3, 6-4, and Garin eliminated Felix Auger-Aliassime of Canada with a 3-6, 7-5, 6-3 win at the clay-court tournament. Marterer posted a 6-4, 6-2 victory over local favorite Facundo Bagnis.
Most Read Sports Stories
- He's 'completely different.' But will Puka Nacua be a difference-maker in his freshman season at UW?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Huskies ride their pitching to super regional sweep, return to Women's College World Series
- Huskies pitchers shut out Kentucky in first game of NCAA softball super regional VIEW
- Kurt Warner says Seahawks' Russell Wilson isn't a top-five NFL QB, and he might be right | Matt Calkins