IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — Megan Gustafson had 21 points and 16 rebounds for her 16th double-double and added six assists to lead No. 22 Iowa to a 75-62 win over Michigan on Thursday night.
Eight players scored in the third quarter when the Hawkeyes made 10 of 16 shots, including two 3-pointers, to stretch a 32-29 lead to 54-38. The Wolverines went 4 of 12 and never got the deficit below double figures in the fourth quarter despite making 11 of 17 shots.
Hannah Stewart had 16 points for the Hawkeyes (13-4, 4-2 Big Ten Conference), who improved to 8-0 at home. Tania Davis and Kathleen Doyle both added 10. Davis also had six assists and Iowa had 25 helpers on 34 baskets.
Naz Hillmon had 16 points and Hallie Thome 15 for Michigan (11-7, 2-4). Despite the hot fourth quarter, the Wolverines shot 33 percent for the second half and 42 percent for the game. They went 1 of 15 from 3-point range.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Kraken unveil new mascot, a troll named Buoy
- Mariners clinch first postseason berth since 2001 on walkoff home run
- Inside the Mariners’ clubhouse for a playoff-clinching celebration 21 years in the making
- Russell Wilson's TikTok about Subway sandwich draws mockery
- As if these Mariners could clinch a playoff berth with anything other than dramatics
The teams only had a combined 17 free throws and 16 turnovers.