DELAND, Fla. (AP) — Zach Cooks scored 16 points and NJIT picked up its ninth road win of the season by beating Stetson, 82-59 in an Atlantic Sun game Thursday night.
The Highlanders now have won three straight and nine of their last 12. Stetson remains winless through six conference games.
NJIT took a 38-32 lead at intermission after holding Stetson scoreless over the final 2:48 of the first half, then held the Hatters without a field goal until Keith Matthews hit a jumper with 13:11 left in the game. Stetson managed just 27 second-half points.
Donovan Greer had 14 points off the bench for NJIT (16-5, 4-2 ASUN), which shot 30 for 50 (60 percent) from the field, including 12 of 22 from distance.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Kraken unveil new mascot, a troll named Buoy
- DK Metcalf's injury-cart ride because of 'tummy ache' and locker room distance
- Geno Smith is more than serviceable as Seahawks QB. He's a game changer
- Russell Wilson's TikTok about Subway sandwich draws mockery
- Three things we learned from the Seahawks' 48-45 win over the Lions
Christiaan Jones finished with 10 points to pace Stetson (4-17, 0-6) but was the lone scorer to reach double figures.
The Highlanders are off to their best start since the program opened the season 13-1 in 1994-95 and advanced to the NCAA Division III Elite Eight.