The four coaches for this month’s NHL All-Star Game will be Paul Maurice of Winnipeg, Todd Reirden of Washington, Jon Cooper of Tampa Bay and Bill Peters of Calgary.
Each of the teams is a division leader — Winnipeg (Central), Washington (Metropolitan), Tampa Bay (Atlantic) and Calgary (Pacific).
The NHL All-Star Weekend is Jan. 25-26 in San Jose, California. The three-game tournament is played in a 3-on-3 format with teams from each division.
The coaches were announced by the league Saturday and determined by the teams with the highest points percentage — points earned divided by total possible points. The cutoff is Jan. 5, the halfway point of the regular season.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Kyle Seager speaks out about Astros' sign-stealing scandal, which touched his brother on the Dodgers
- KeyArena's luxury spaces will have a Seattle-inspired flair. Here's what they'll look like. VIEW
- Could the Seahawks sign defensive end Everson Griffen or former UW Husky Danny Shelton?
- Yes, that was Marshawn Lynch in HBO's 'Westworld' trailer
- Mariners pitcher Sam Carlson wondered if he'd ever throw again. Now, he's a spring training inspiration. WATCH