The four coaches for this month’s NHL All-Star Game will be Paul Maurice of Winnipeg, Todd Reirden of Washington, Jon Cooper of Tampa Bay and Bill Peters of Calgary.
Each of the teams is a division leader — Winnipeg (Central), Washington (Metropolitan), Tampa Bay (Atlantic) and Calgary (Pacific).
The NHL All-Star Weekend is Jan. 25-26 in San Jose, California. The three-game tournament is played in a 3-on-3 format with teams from each division.
The coaches were announced by the league Saturday and determined by the teams with the highest points percentage — points earned divided by total possible points. The cutoff is Jan. 5, the halfway point of the regular season.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners acquire All-Star second baseman Adam Frazier from the Padres
- GM Jerry Dipoto says active Mariners have two offers — one 'notable' — out to free agents as MLB lockout looms
- Commentary: Jayden de Laura driving a WSU flag into the Husky Stadium turf should haunt Huskies now — and then motivate them
- Given the chaos that enveloped the Huskies all season, this Apple Cup blowout was the only logical conclusion
- Instant analysis: Three impressions from WSU's 40-13 rout of UW in the Apple Cup