The Harlem Globetrotters had a message for the undefeated NBA team.
Start planning your 2059 celebration parties, Golden State fans!
“Congrats to the @Warriors on their 27- (now 28-) game win streak,” proclaimed the Harlem Globetrotters’ official Twitter account. “They’re now just 3,562 short of our current mark.”
• At Fark.com: “Former Florida coach will be the next head coach at South Carolina. This is not a repeat from 2005.”
• At TheOnion.com: “Johnny Manziel hits rock bottom after waking up as Browns starter for third time this year.”
Upon further review
Most Read Sports Stories
- After falling into last place, Mariners season passes infuriating and moves into depressing
- What new roster rules mean for the Seahawks in 2022
- Analysis: What is the matter with the Mariners bullpen?
- Seahawks hoping for breakout years from WR Dee Eskridge and DE L.J. Collier
- Five things to watch for at Washington spring state high-school championship weekend
According to one analytical breakdown, NFL officials are averaging 4.3 mistakes per game this season.
To their credit, though, the undeterred zebras are still going for it on fourth-and-wrong.
“Half of NBA fans are talking about Steph Curry’s unbeaten Warriors, and the other half are talking about Kobe Bryant announcing his retirement,” noted Greg Cote of the Miami Herald. “Meanwhile, the Heat on Saturday hosted the Cavaliers and ol’ what’s-his-name.”
The Orioles reportedly pulled their $150 million offer to slugger Chris Davis off the table.
Apparently Davis wasn’t expecting see a curveball till February.
Slim and None Dept.
So, which number will be lower by Dec. 25: The Philadelphia 76ers’ winning percentage, or the odds of an NFL ref getting a Christmas card from the Detroit Lions?
• Jack Finarelli of SportsCurmudgeon.com, on the mental acumen of persons who use his mythical football predictions for gambling purposes: “You probably think khakis are what you need to start a car in Boston.”
• Comedy writer Alan Ray, on Derrick Henry, Alabama’s workhorse running back: “He carries the ball more times than a Laker guard.”
• Janice Hough of LeftCoastSportsBabe.com, on three 5-7 teams playing in bowl games this season: “Does this make them honorary members of the NFC East?”
• Brad Dickson of the Omaha (Neb.) World-Herald, on Browns QB Johnny Manziel’s party video going viral: “Good thing there was no YouTube when Paul Hornung, Joe Namath and Jim McMahon played.”
Orioles owner Peter Angelos has a racehorse named Showalter, and the steed even won his first race.
George Steinbrenner once named his horses after managers, too — but just the rear end.