Mayor Ed Murray said on KUOW, he's willing to work with anyone in regards to an arena, but doubted Chris Hansen's ability to bring a team to Seattle himself.
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray joined KUOW radio to address Seattle’s potential for a new arena on Thursday.
Commenting specifically on Chris Hansen’s involvement, Murray doubted Hansen’s ability to bring a team to Seattle by himself.
“I’m willing to work with anyone who can bring us a team, and so far, what we’ve heard from Chris Hansen, he’d really like that arena, but he himself is not going to bring us a team,” Murray said.
Murray continued, saying the city has several questions to sort out, most notably the question of what happens with KeyArena. Murray said if KeyArena does not work out, Sodo is still an option.
Most Read Sports Stories
- UW coaching legend Jim Lambright’s brain donation pays dividends years after his death
- Seahawks mailbag: Answering your questions on Baker Mayfield, Pete Carroll and more
- Ex-Gonzaga star John Stockton writes letter supporting woman who faces Capitol riot charges
- Mariners manager Scott Servais 'moving forward' after mistake in Thursday's loss to Red Sox
- Storm announce plans for Interbay basketball performance center by 2024
Here is the full transcript: