Mayor Ed Murray said on KUOW, he's willing to work with anyone in regards to an arena, but doubted Chris Hansen's ability to bring a team to Seattle himself.
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray joined KUOW radio to address Seattle’s potential for a new arena on Thursday.
Commenting specifically on Chris Hansen’s involvement, Murray doubted Hansen’s ability to bring a team to Seattle by himself.
“I’m willing to work with anyone who can bring us a team, and so far, what we’ve heard from Chris Hansen, he’d really like that arena, but he himself is not going to bring us a team,” Murray said.
Murray continued, saying the city has several questions to sort out, most notably the question of what happens with KeyArena. Murray said if KeyArena does not work out, Sodo is still an option.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’ | National politics
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Expect record-high temps, 'copious rain' in Seattle area as we head toward Thanksgiving VIEW
- Fake field goal? An errant challenge? Blame Pete Carroll for Seahawks' loss to Atlanta
Here is the full transcript: