NEW YORK (AP) — The NBA’s All-Star draft will be Feb. 7, and broadcast on TNT.
A pair of captains will select the teams from the pool of players who will be picked as starters and reserves from each conference. The captains will be the leading vote getter in each conference, and through Thursday the NBA says the leaders are Giannis Antetokounmpo of the Milwaukee Bucks and LeBron James of the Los Angeles Lakers.
James and Golden State’s Stephen Curry were captains last year, the first under the player-draft format. It was not televised last year.
Fan voting continues through Monday. Starters will be announced on Jan. 24, and reserves will be announced on Jan. 31.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Sources: UW Huskies junior Jacob Eason wins starting quarterback job
- With QB job apparently his, Jacob Eason gets chance to take UW Huskies to new level | Larry Stone
- Jacob Eason is the starter ... but UW QB Jake Haener will also play in Huskies' season opener
- Analysis: Seven Seahawks with a lot on the line Saturday against the Chargers
- Jim Zorn isn't afraid of new challenges — he relishes them. That's why he's XFL Seattle's new coach and GM.
The All-Star Game is Feb. 17 in Charlotte.
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/NBA and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports