NEW YORK (AP) — The NBA 2K League will host its first international qualifying event to find players in the Asia-Pacific region.
The NBA 2K League APAC Invitational will be held Feb. 2-3 in Hong Kong. The competitive video game event will feature players from Australia, China, New Zealand and the Philippines.
The league said Wednesday that 20 players will take part in competitions and meetings with league and team representatives. Several players will become eligible for the 2019 draft.
The NBA’s esports league completed its first season last year, and Managing Director Brendan Donohue said the league hoped to eventually have overseas teams.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Kraken unveil new mascot, a troll named Buoy
- Mariners clinch first postseason berth since 2001 on walkoff home run
- Inside the Mariners’ clubhouse for a playoff-clinching celebration 21 years in the making
- As if these Mariners could clinch a playoff berth with anything other than dramatics
- Russell Wilson's TikTok about Subway sandwich draws mockery
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/NBA and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports