NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP) — Jalen Gibbs had 20 points as Mount St. Mary’s defeated Central Connecticut 79-66 on Thursday night.
Vado Morse had 14 points and eight assists for Mount St. Mary’s (8-20, 5-10 Northeast Conference). Damian Chong Qui added 11 points, eight rebounds and six assists. Malik Jefferson had 10 points for the visiting team.
Joe Hugley had 17 points and seven rebounds for the Blue Devils (11-17, 5-10). Deion Bute added 15 points and nine rebounds. Jamir Coleman had 14 points and 11 rebounds.
Tyler Kohl, whose 19 points per game coming into the matchup led the Blue Devils, failed to score and was 0 of 6 from the field. Ian Krishnan, whose 13 points per game heading into the contest ranked second on the Blue Devils, was held to 5 points on 2-of-13 shooting.
Most Read Sports Stories
- John Stockton’s defiance of COVID-19 mask mandate forces Gonzaga to suspend Hall of Famer’s season tickets
- Pittsburgh LB and team captain Cam Bright announces graduate transfer to UW Huskies
- Superstar Breanna Stewart leaving Seattle in free agency would send the Storm back to mediocrity
- Mariners mailbag: What could M's get for Taylor Trammell, Luis Torrens or Jake Fraley in a trade?
- New Mexico running back Aaron Dumas announces transfer to UW Huskies
The Mountaineers leveled the season series against the Blue Devils with the win. Central Connecticut defeated Mount St. Mary’s 77-68 on Jan. 12.
Mount St. Mary’s matches up against Bryant on the road on Saturday. Central Connecticut matches up against Sacred Heart at home on Saturday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com