RICHMOND, Ky. (AP) — Ja Morant had 25 points and 14 assists as Murray State easily beat Eastern Kentucky 102-70 on Saturday night.
Morant also committed nine turnovers.
Shaq Buchanan had 16 points for Murray State (21-4, 12-2 Ohio Valley Conference), which earned its fifth consecutive win. Darnell Cowart added 14 points. Tevin Brown had 14 points for the visitors.
Murray State is undefeated (4-0) when scoring at least 100 points this season.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Here's why Baseball Hall of Fame voters got it right with Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens
- Where things stand with the Seahawks' defensive coordinator opening as NFL teams make hires
- 'Dawgs helping Dawgs': How a fellow UW football alum helped former QB Cody Pickett avoid open-heart surgery
- Mariners position overview: Could Seattle have something special brewing with its starting pitching?
- Seahawks position review: RB Rashaad Penny's late-season emergence may make re-signing him that much more difficult
Nick Mayo had 26 points and 12 rebounds for the Colonels (11-16, 4-10). Jomaru Brown added 19 points. He also had seven turnovers but no assists. Tre King had 10 points and nine rebounds.
The Racers improve to 2-0 against the Colonels on the season. Murray State defeated Eastern Kentucky 97-85 on Jan. 5. Murray State plays UT Martin at home on Thursday. Eastern Kentucky takes on Tennessee Tech on the road on Thursday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com