HAMDEN, Conn. (AP) — Takal Molson scored the go-ahead layup with 5.6 seconds remaining and Canisius defeated Quinnipiac 65-63 on Thursday night.
Molson, who was 8 of 10 from the field, scored 18 points for the Golden Griffins (6-11, 3-2 MAAC). Scott Hitchon added 15 points.
Cameron Young led the Bobcats (8-8, 3-2) with 20 points, Rich Kelly added 17 and Abdulai Bundu had 13 rebounds.
A turnover by Kelly set up the Golden Griffins for the go-ahead score. Canisius gained possession with 29 seconds remaining in a tie game and worked the clock inside of 10 seconds. Isaiah Reese fed Molson for the score then Quinnipiac missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Despite taking the long road to his dream school, LB transfer Demario King is ready to make an immediate impact at UW
- Speculation has started, but here's why it doesn't make sense for Seahawks and Russell Wilson to split
- The MLB lockout hurts everywhere but especially in Seattle where hope has rarely been higher
- Seahawks DC candidate list up to 4 as they reportedly request to interview Joe Whitt Jr.
- Huskies men, minus coach Mike Hopkins, win third straight, defeating Oregon State
Canisius scored the final four points. Reese, who had nine assists and 11 points, made a tying layup with 50 seconds to go.
Neither team led by more than five points in the second half.