HAMDEN, Conn. (AP) — Takal Molson scored the go-ahead layup with 5.6 seconds remaining and Canisius defeated Quinnipiac 65-63 on Thursday night.
Molson, who was 8 of 10 from the field, scored 18 points for the Golden Griffins (6-11, 3-2 MAAC). Scott Hitchon added 15 points.
Cameron Young led the Bobcats (8-8, 3-2) with 20 points, Rich Kelly added 17 and Abdulai Bundu had 13 rebounds.
A turnover by Kelly set up the Golden Griffins for the go-ahead score. Canisius gained possession with 29 seconds remaining in a tie game and worked the clock inside of 10 seconds. Isaiah Reese fed Molson for the score then Quinnipiac missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Here's what must happen for the Mariners to make the playoffs
- ESPN 'College GameDay' host Pat McAfee fires back at WSU: ‘Sick of you’
- Mariners' Cal Raleigh apologizes for comments made after M's miss playoffs
- Mariners fall to Rangers and watch Astros eliminate them from playoffs
- Cal Raleigh laments Paul Sewald trade, challenges Mariners front office
Canisius scored the final four points. Reese, who had nine assists and 11 points, made a tying layup with 50 seconds to go.
Neither team led by more than five points in the second half.