CONWAY, S.C. (AP) — Joe Moglia, the one-time CEO of TD Ameritrade, has resigned as head football coach at Coastal Carolina.
The 69-year-old Moglia announced the decision Friday. He said he’ll stay on as Coastal’s chairman of athletics for the final two years of his contract and have authority over the football program. Offensive coordinator Jamey Chadwell has been promoted to head coach.
Moglia, who went 56-22 in six seasons as Coastal coach, says now is the right time to step aside and give Chadwell more responsibility. Moglia missed the 2017 season when dealing with a respiratory issue. Moglia won four Big South Conference championships during five seasons as an FCS program, making the NCAA playoffs all five years.
The Chanticleers are part of the Sun Belt Conference of the FBS the past two years. Coastal Carolina finished 5-7 this season.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former Kennedy Catholic WR standout Lonyatta 'Junior' Alexander announces transfer from ASU to Washington
- Analysis: Here are 12 items that should be on the Seahawks' offseason to-do list
- Even the Sounders can't believe they landed Albert Rusnak. Here's why the star midfielder chose Seattle.
- 'We are more than just athletes': Bobby Wagner showed deeper side in thought-provoking media sessions
- Mariners mailbag: Answering questions on spring training, lockout timelines and uniform changes
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP_Top25