GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) — Amber Smith scored 18 points, Hannah Schuchts added 16 and fifth-seeded Missouri cruised past 13th-seeded Florida on Thursday in the second round of the Southeastern Conference tournament.
Sophie Cunningham added 13 points and Haley Troup 10 for the Tigers (22-9), who play four-seed and 13th-ranked Kentucky in the quarterfinals on Friday.
Funda Nakkasoglu led the Gators (8-23) with 14 points.
Schuchts and Cunningham had 3-pointers as Missouri closed the first half with a 12-2 run to take a 42-32 lead. The Tigers, who had 13 3-pointers, picked up four more in the third quarter and pushed the lead to 64-46. Troup had back-to-back 3-pointers in a 16-0 run to start the fourth quarter.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Hall of Famer Ron Francis to be hired as general manager of Seattle's new NHL team
- Seahawks place four rookies — including Marquise Blair and Ben Burr-Kirven — on PUP list
- 'It’s unacceptable': In Mariners' 9-2 loss to Oakland, Marco Gonzales questions why umpire stayed in game VIEW
- Kelsey Plum returns to UW, searching for the same happiness that brought her college glory
- Storm All-Star Natasha Howard denies domestic-abuse allegations made by wife
The Tigers shot 52.5 percent (31 of 59) and outrebounded the Gators 38-27 with Smith grabbing nine.
Florida shot 37 percent and was just 1 of 8 from distance in the second half.