DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Randy Miller, Jr. had 24 points as North Carolina Central defeated Savannah State 78-69 on Saturday.
Miller hit 9 of 10 from the free throw line.
Raasean Davis had 17 points and 11 rebounds for NC Central (14-14, 9-5 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference). Jibri Blount added 16 points and nine rebounds. He also had eight turnovers. Reggie Gardner Jr. had 13 points for the hosts.
Jaquan Dotson had 20 points and seven rebounds for the Tigers (10-17, 7-6). Zach Sellers added 11 points. Tyrell Harper had 11 points.
Most Read Sports Stories
- John Stockton’s defiance of COVID-19 mask mandate forces Gonzaga to suspend Hall of Famer’s season tickets
- Superstar Breanna Stewart leaving Seattle in free agency would send the Storm back to mediocrity
- Pittsburgh LB and team captain Cam Bright announces graduate transfer to UW Huskies
- Mariners mailbag: What could M's get for Taylor Trammell, Luis Torrens or Jake Fraley in a trade?
- New Mexico running back Aaron Dumas announces transfer to UW Huskies
The Eagles improve to 2-0 against the Tigers for the season. NC Central defeated Savannah State 82-78 on Jan. 28. NC Central plays South Carolina State at home on Monday. Savannah State plays NC A&T on the road on Monday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com