PINE BLUFF, Ark. (AP) — Martaveous McKnight drained six treys to total 30 points to help Arkansas-Pine Bluff hold off Texas Southern 90-86 on Saturday night.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff (6-13, 4-2 SWAC) ran out to a 43-29 halftime advantage and then had to hold on to fend off the Tigers who won the second half 57-47.
The Golden Lions pushed their lead to 62-37 early in the second period and led 73-57 with 8:06 remaining. Jeremy Combs then scored 11 straight points, capped by a dunk to close to 77-68.
The Tigers cut the lead to 83-80 after Jalyn Patterson hit a jumper with 1:37 remaining. UAPB’s Cameron Posey made three straight free throws and Charles Jackson added two more in the final seconds to preserve the win.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Kraken unveil new mascot, a troll named Buoy
- Russell Wilson's TikTok about Subway sandwich draws mockery
- Geno Smith is more than serviceable as Seahawks QB. He's a game changer
- Three things we learned from the Seahawks' 48-45 win over the Lions
- Seahawks outlast Lions, hold off comeback in wild 48-45 win
Marquell Carter added 13 points and Terrance Banyard chipped in 10 for UAPB which hit 10 of 18 from long range.
Combs finished with 30 points and Devocia Butler added 20 for Texas Southern (8-11, 3-3).