HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, Ky. (AP) — Drew McDonald had 30 points and 13 rebounds on Saturday night and Northern Kentucky dominated the second half to beat Milwaukee 73-60.
McDonald had his fourth career 30-point game and his 44th double-double for the Norse (18-4, 8-1 Horizon), who won their sixth in a row and maintained a two-game lead in the league standings.
The Panthers (9-13, 4-5) led 34-30 at halftime, but Northern Kentucky opened the second half on an 18-2 run, leading 48-36 on Jalen Tate’s layup with 13:47 left. The Norse extended to their largest lead at 66-44 and Milwaukee got no closer than 68-58 from there.
Tate had 13 points, Dantez Walton scored 12 and Tyler Sharpe added 10 for Northern Kentucky.
Most Read Sports Stories
- DK Metcalf's injury-cart ride because of 'tummy ache' and locker room distance
- Reactions to Kraken's new mascot, Buoy, roll in
- Geno Smith is more than serviceable as Seahawks QB. He's a game changer
- Mariners fall to Tigers, giving Toronto top wild-card spot
- Russell Wilson's TikTok about Subway sandwich draws mockery
Jake Wright had 16 points and Vance Johnson had 11 points and 12 rebounds for Milwaukee.