BEREA, Ky. (AP) — Nick Mayo had 22 points as Eastern Kentucky won its seventh straight home game, getting past Jacksonville State 88-70 on Thursday night.
Kelvin Robinson had 17 points and seven rebounds for Eastern Kentucky (10-10, 3-4 Ohio Valley Conference). Dujuanta Weaver added 14 points and Tre King had 11 points and 12 rebounds.
The Colonels pulled away in the first half with a 32-4 run, leading 43-17 with 4:41 left in the period. Jacksonville State’s 21-4 run to start the second half closed the deficit to 57-48 but that was as close as it would get.
Jamall Gregory had 15 points and five steals for the Gamecocks (14-6, 6-1), whose seven-game win streak was broken. Ty Hudson added 14 points and seven rebounds. Jacara Cross had 13 points.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks
- Tongan Olympian who became a viral sensation for his oiled torso asks for tsunami help
- WSU Cougars defensive tackle Dallas Hobbs ends football career, will pursue other ventures
- UW Husky men's win vs. Stanford wasn't just a victory, it was a message to the Pac-12 that they're better than expected
- Mariners mailbag: Answering questions on spring training, lockout timelines and uniform changes
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
Elements from this story were generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap , using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com