GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Jeremiah Martin had 31 points as Memphis beat East Carolina 79-69 on Wednesday night.
Mike Parks Jr. had 12 points for Memphis (15-10, 7-5 American Athletic Conference). Isaiah Maurice added seven rebounds. Alex Lomax had six assists for the visiting team.
Seth LeDay had 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Pirates (9-15, 2-10), who have now lost four straight games. Shawn Williams added 14 points. Jayden Gardner had 13 points.
The Tigers improve to 2-0 against the Pirates on the season. Memphis defeated East Carolina 78-72 on Jan. 10. Memphis plays Central Florida on the road on Saturday. East Carolina faces Tulsa at home on Sunday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks expected to part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr., sources say
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks
- UW football mailbag: What positions should the Huskies try to strengthen via the transfer portal?
- WSU Cougars defensive tackle Dallas Hobbs ends football career, will pursue other ventures
- Kraken edge Blackhawks in shootout to break long losing streak with new team dog in attendance
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com