MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Jeremiah Martin had 30 points as Memphis defeated Temple 81-73 on Tuesday night.
Kyvon Davenport had 12 points for Memphis (18-11, 10-6 American Athletic Conference). Antwann Jones added 10 points. Raynere Thornton had 11 rebounds for the hosts.
Shizz Alston Jr. had 22 points for the Owls (20-8, 10-5). He also had seven turnovers but only five assists. Nate Pierre-Louis added 16 points. J.P. Moorman II had 14 points and 10 rebounds.
The Tigers leveled the season series against the Owls with the win. Temple defeated Memphis 85-76 on Jan. 24. Memphis matches up against Cincinnati on the road on Saturday. Temple faces Tulane at home on Sunday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- John Stockton’s defiance of COVID-19 mask mandate forces Gonzaga to suspend Hall of Famer’s season tickets
- Will Conroy showcases coaching transformation by guiding UW men to win as acting head coach
- Superstar Breanna Stewart leaving Seattle in free agency would send the Storm back to mediocrity
- Mariners mailbag: What could M's get for Taylor Trammell, Luis Torrens or Jake Fraley in a trade?
- Mariners position overview: Jarred Kelenic wasn't meant to be the everyday center fielder, but it's a role he'll have to embrace
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com