HAMPTON, Va. (AP) — Jermaine Marrow had 22 points as Hampton defeated Winthrop 90-75 on Thursday night.
Greg Heckstall had 16 points and 11 rebounds for Hampton (13-15, 8-7 Big South Conference). Kalin Fisher added 12 points. Trevond Barnes had 10 points and seven rebounds for the hosts.
Josh Ferguson had 18 points and eight rebounds for the Eagles (18-11, 10-6). Nych Smith added 15 points. Adam Pickett had 14 points and seven rebounds.
The Pirates leveled the season series against the Eagles with the win. Winthrop defeated Hampton 101-91 on Feb. 9. Hampton finishes out the regular season against South Carolina Upstate on the road on Saturday. Winthrop next takes the floor in the Big South Conference Tournament.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks
- Former Kennedy Catholic WR standout Lonyatta 'Junior' Alexander announces transfer from ASU to Washington
- Analysis: Here are 12 items that should be on the Seahawks' offseason to-do list
- Even the Sounders can't believe they landed Albert Rusnak. Here's why the star midfielder chose Seattle.
- 'We are more than just athletes': Bobby Wagner showed deeper side in thought-provoking media sessions
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com