Here’s the video of Rickie Weeks’ mammoth home run that cleared the batter’s eye at Peoria Stadium. Weeks crushed a 1-1 change-up that stayed up in the strike zone. The ball just kept carrying and carrying. Center fielder Nick Buss stopped running about 20 feet from the wall playing a possible carom off the wall. Instead, it cleared it.
The last person to hit such a prodigious blast? Michael Morse in 2013.
Before that the last player to do that was Mike Wilson in 2007.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Three things we learned from the Seahawks' shocking 33-30 overtime loss to the Titans
- Seahawks' loss to Titans was a choke job, one of the worst of the Pete Carroll era
- Seahawks-Titans GameCenter: Live updates, highlights, how to watch, stream
- UW notebook: freshman QB Sam Huard's college career officially begins with debut against Arkansas State
- Analysis: Assessing what might have been as former UW quarterback Jake Haener flourishes at Fresno State