Here’s the video of Rickie Weeks’ mammoth home run that cleared the batter’s eye at Peoria Stadium. Weeks crushed a 1-1 change-up that stayed up in the strike zone. The ball just kept carrying and carrying. Center fielder Nick Buss stopped running about 20 feet from the wall playing a possible carom off the wall. Instead, it cleared it.
The last person to hit such a prodigious blast? Michael Morse in 2013.
Before that the last player to do that was Mike Wilson in 2007.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Defense and DK: Seahawks shut down Eagles, Metcalf has huge game as Seattle takes control of NFC West
- Instant analysis: Three impressions from the Seahawks’ Week 12 win over the Eagles
- Report card: Bob Condotta grades the Seahawks’ Week 12 win over the Eagles
- The Eagles made DK Metcalf mad, and he made them pay in a Seahawks win
- Seahawks-Eagles GameCenter: Live updates, highlights, how to watch, stream