Starter Max Povse recorded nine of the season-high 15 strikeouts by Tacoma pitchers.
WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Starter Max Povse recorded nine of the season-high 15 strikeouts by Tacoma pitchers as the Rainiers rallied past the Sacramento River Cats 8-5 in a Pacific Coast League baseball game Tuesday.
Both teams emerged with 20-20 records.
Povse allowed three runs on five hits in five innings. Lindsey Caughel (1-1) earned the victory after relieving Povse and working 11/3 scoreless innings.
Right fielder Cameron Perkins led the Tacoma offense with a 3-for-5 performance. Perkins scored twice and had a double.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Rating the Seahawks' 10 remaining games as Seattle comes off its bye week
- UW Huskies get commitment from 4-star linebacker Josh Calvert
- ESPN brings 'College GameDay' to Pullman, but it's the Cougar fans who put on a show
- 5 things to know about the Seahawks' next opponent, the Detroit Lions
- Unranked until last week, WSU Cougars now top all Pac-12 teams in AP poll
The Rainiers trailed 3-0 heading into the sixth inning before scoring the next eight runs of the game.
Third baseman Seth Mejias-Brean — making his first appearance as a Rainier this year after 33 games with Class AA Arkansas — was 2 for 3 with a double.