Starter Max Povse recorded nine of the season-high 15 strikeouts by Tacoma pitchers.
WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Starter Max Povse recorded nine of the season-high 15 strikeouts by Tacoma pitchers as the Rainiers rallied past the Sacramento River Cats 8-5 in a Pacific Coast League baseball game Tuesday.
Both teams emerged with 20-20 records.
Povse allowed three runs on five hits in five innings. Lindsey Caughel (1-1) earned the victory after relieving Povse and working 11/3 scoreless innings.
Right fielder Cameron Perkins led the Tacoma offense with a 3-for-5 performance. Perkins scored twice and had a double.
Most Read Sports Stories
- After fantastic catch, Mariners' Mitch Haniger offers fans some advice when players leap into the seats
- Cardiac Mariners, held hitless into the seventh, walk off the Tigers in extra innings VIEW
- Analysis: Five questions needing answers as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- UW Huskies edge Texas 2-1 to claim a spot in the NCAA softball Seattle regional final
- UW Huskies down Minnesota 5-2 to win NCAA softball Seattle Regional
The Rainiers trailed 3-0 heading into the sixth inning before scoring the next eight runs of the game.
Third baseman Seth Mejias-Brean — making his first appearance as a Rainier this year after 33 games with Class AA Arkansas — was 2 for 3 with a double.