Starter Max Povse recorded nine of the season-high 15 strikeouts by Tacoma pitchers.
WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Starter Max Povse recorded nine of the season-high 15 strikeouts by Tacoma pitchers as the Rainiers rallied past the Sacramento River Cats 8-5 in a Pacific Coast League baseball game Tuesday.
Both teams emerged with 20-20 records.
Povse allowed three runs on five hits in five innings. Lindsey Caughel (1-1) earned the victory after relieving Povse and working 11/3 scoreless innings.
Right fielder Cameron Perkins led the Tacoma offense with a 3-for-5 performance. Perkins scored twice and had a double.
Most Read Sports Stories
- David Moore (and Russell Wilson) good, but more bad for Seahawks as Chargers deliver second exhibition defeat WATCH
- What we learned from the Seahawks' second preseason loss to the Los Angeles Chargers
- After Edwin Diaz blows rare save, Mariners beat Dodgers with a 'balk-off' victory
- Analysis: Three impressions from Seahawks' 24-14 preseason loss vs. Los Angeles Chargers
- Newlywed Drew Sample the 'old soul' of UW Huskies' offense at tight end
The Rainiers trailed 3-0 heading into the sixth inning before scoring the next eight runs of the game.
Third baseman Seth Mejias-Brean — making his first appearance as a Rainier this year after 33 games with Class AA Arkansas — was 2 for 3 with a double.