Donn Roach allows four hits in seven scoreless innings of a 3-0 victory.
Donn Roach allowed four hits in seven scoreless innings to help the visiting Tacoma Rainiers to a 3-0 shutout of the Round Rock Express in a Pacific Coast League game Tuesday night.
Roach (4-2) had six strikeouts and walked none. Mayckol Guaipe allowed one hit in one inning with two strikeouts and Blake Parker closed out the shutout, registering his ninth save.
Stefen Romero had an RBI single in the third inning. Dario Pizzano scored on Zach Shank’s sacrifice fly in the seventh and singled in Tyler Smith in the ninth.
Shank was 3 for 3 and Smith was 3 for 4 with two doubles. Pizzano also had a triple.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Despite taking the long road to his dream school, LB transfer Demario King is ready to make an immediate impact at UW
- Speculation has started, but here's why it doesn't make sense for Seahawks and Russell Wilson to split
- The MLB lockout hurts everywhere but especially in Seattle where hope has rarely been higher
- Seahawks DC candidate list up to 4 as they reportedly request to interview Joe Whitt Jr.
- Huskies men, minus coach Mike Hopkins, win third straight, defeating Oregon State
Drew Robinson had two hits for Round Rock.