Rainiers score three runs in top of 10th and Nashville rally falls shy.
The Tacoma Rainiers earned a hard-fought 5-4 victory in 10 innings over the Nashville Sounds on Sunday night.
Tacoma scored three runs in the 10th inning off Nashville’s Bobby Wahl to claim the victory.
Gordon Beckham smashed a double down the left-field line to score two runs and a third run came in to score on a sacrifice fly from Seth Mejias-Brean that was dropped by BJ Boyd. Nashville responded with two runs in the home half of the inning but it was not enough.
Mejias-Brean also tripled in two runs in the eighth inning. Ian Miller also had two hits for Tacoma.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Meet Seattle sports' newest power couple: Sue Bird and Megan Rapinoe
- Dwyane Wade wants to bring the Sonics back to Seattle
- Mariners Sunday mailbag: How badly does Seattle have to play to not make the playoffs at this point? | Sunday mailbag
- Marco Gonzales can only match Chris Sale for so long as Mariners get blanked by Red Sox
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events