Rainiers score three runs in top of 10th and Nashville rally falls shy.
The Tacoma Rainiers earned a hard-fought 5-4 victory in 10 innings over the Nashville Sounds on Sunday night.
Tacoma scored three runs in the 10th inning off Nashville’s Bobby Wahl to claim the victory.
Gordon Beckham smashed a double down the left-field line to score two runs and a third run came in to score on a sacrifice fly from Seth Mejias-Brean that was dropped by BJ Boyd. Nashville responded with two runs in the home half of the inning but it was not enough.
Mejias-Brean also tripled in two runs in the eighth inning. Ian Miller also had two hits for Tacoma.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Earl Thomas in his own words: On sitting out Seahawks practice, and whether he might get traded
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor raises 12th man flag, reveals he has spinal stenosis WATCH
- What the national media are saying about the Seahawks' first home win
- Peter McLoughlin out as Seahawks president and CEO in organizational restructuring
- Announcing the Final Four of our (unofficial) tournament to name Seattle's future NHL team