Rainiers score three runs in top of 10th and Nashville rally falls shy.
The Tacoma Rainiers earned a hard-fought 5-4 victory in 10 innings over the Nashville Sounds on Sunday night.
Tacoma scored three runs in the 10th inning off Nashville’s Bobby Wahl to claim the victory.
Gordon Beckham smashed a double down the left-field line to score two runs and a third run came in to score on a sacrifice fly from Seth Mejias-Brean that was dropped by BJ Boyd. Nashville responded with two runs in the home half of the inning but it was not enough.
Mejias-Brean also tripled in two runs in the eighth inning. Ian Miller also had two hits for Tacoma.
Most Read Sports Stories
- What was that, Sebastian Janikowski? Decision not to tackle 49ers returner costly in Seahawks loss | Matt Calkins
- After 'amazing' weekend visit to UW, Huskies await decision from 4-star defensive end Laiatu Latu
- Seahawks repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot against the 49ers. But all is not lost ... yet | Larry Stone
- Pac-12 bowl picks: Why Washington holds the key to success for the conference
- What the national media are saying about the Seahawks' OT defeat to the San Francisco 49ers