Rainiers score three runs in top of 10th and Nashville rally falls shy.
The Tacoma Rainiers earned a hard-fought 5-4 victory in 10 innings over the Nashville Sounds on Sunday night.
Tacoma scored three runs in the 10th inning off Nashville’s Bobby Wahl to claim the victory.
Gordon Beckham smashed a double down the left-field line to score two runs and a third run came in to score on a sacrifice fly from Seth Mejias-Brean that was dropped by BJ Boyd. Nashville responded with two runs in the home half of the inning but it was not enough.
Mejias-Brean also tripled in two runs in the eighth inning. Ian Miller also had two hits for Tacoma.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Ichiro announces his retirement after Mariners’ final game in Japan WATCH
- UW Huskies, coach Mike Hopkins agree to six-year, $17.5 million contract extension
- Ichiro, always a master of timing, gets it right again with his retirement | Larry Stone
- Analysis: Re-ranking the Seahawks' positions of need following the first wave of free agency
- Mariners send Ichiro off with extra-innings win in final Japan game vs. A's VIEW