Tacoma is 49-42 this season.
The Tacoma Rainiers returned from the Triple-A All-Star break in winning fashion, narrowly beating visiting Fresno 4-3 in a Pacific Coast League game Thursday night in front of 5,559 at Cheney Stadium.
Pitcher Ryan Cook escaped a jam in the ninth inning and picked up his third save for the Rainiers (49-42) this season. Fresno had the tying run at third base but Cook secured a ground out to first base to end it.
Leadoff hitter Ian Miller had two hits for the Rainiers. First baseman Daniel Vogelbach was 0 for 4 and is hitting .281.
Salem-Keizer 3, Everett 1
• In front of 1,890 at Everett Memorial Stadium, the AquaSox (13-14) fell short against the Volcanoes in a Northwest League game. Everett starting pitcher Max Roberts allowed two runs in 42/3 innings, striking out six. The AquaSox’s lone run came on an RBI single in the fourth inning by first baseman Ryan Garcia.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Pete Carroll says Seahawks QB Russell Wilson is 'over-trying,' plus injury updates and more
- Where was Chris Carson in Seahawks' loss to Bears? Pete Carroll has an explanation --- or two
- All Seahawks show in Monday night loss to Bears is the extent of their decline
- Three impressions from the Seahawks' loss to the Chicago Bears on Monday Night Football
- Report: Russell Wilson's future with Seahawks 'remains uncertain'