Everett crushes Boise behind Ryne Ogren’s two, two-run homers.
Reno hit back-to-back homers in the sixth inning and went on to a 5-3 victory Thursday over the visiting Tacoma Rainiers in a Pacific Coast League game.
Kirk Nieuwenhuis hit a two-run double to get the Rainiers to 5-3. Seth Mejias-Brean had an RBI triple.
Leading 3-1, Reno’s Socrates Brito and Cody Decker homered off Ross Detwiler. Ildemaro Vargas was 5 for 5.
Everett 17, Boise 2
Ryne Ogren hit two homers and drove in five runs as the AquaSox routed the Hawks.
Most Read Sports Stories
- A beloved punter walks into a bar: How Jon Ryan spent the day of his Seahawks release
- Seahawks release longtime punter Jon Ryan and kicker Jason Myers
- Seahawks 53-man roster projection: Taking a guess at what it looks like following loss to Chargers
- What we learned from the Seahawks' second preseason loss to the Los Angeles Chargers
- UW Huskies ranked No. 6 in preseason AP poll, highest ranking since 1997
Ogren, a 12th-round pick by the Mariners, hit a pair of two-run homers and also had an RBI double. Charlie McConnell had three RBI and scored four runs.