What happens when a baseball player picks a fight with a mascot? Rainiers shortstop Chris Taylor is finding out the hard way.
Update: the battle rages on. Chico posted some hilariously harsh words for Chris Taylor after Thursday’s game. One sign read: “Chris Taylor still owns a Blockbuster card,” while another stated, “Chris Taylor wears mom jeans.”
After being sent down to Class AAA Tacoma by the Mariners, shortstop Chris Taylor has been tearing the cover off the baseball. He hit two doubles Wednesday and is batting .367 this season.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks' loss to Titans was a choke job, one of the worst of the Pete Carroll era
- Three things we learned from the Seahawks' shocking 33-30 overtime loss to the Titans
- Analysis: Assessing what might have been as former UW quarterback Jake Haener flourishes at Fresno State
- Seahawks WR DK Metcalf and tackle Brandon Shell deal with injury concerns following Week 2 loss
- Seahawks-Titans GameCenter: Live updates, highlights, how to watch, stream
But doubles weren’t the only thing the shortstop hit this week. Fielding a routine ground ball at El Paso, Taylor sailed his throw to first base, drilling the oversized and unsuspecting Chihuahua mascot near the dugout.
But that was just the start.
Looking to make amends, Chico the Chihahua offered a sign to Taylor that read: “What did I ever do to you?” Instead of making nice with Chico, Taylor tore up the offering. From there, the feud was on.
How will the feud end? Stay tuned.