What happens when a baseball player picks a fight with a mascot? Rainiers shortstop Chris Taylor is finding out the hard way.
Update: the battle rages on. Chico posted some hilariously harsh words for Chris Taylor after Thursday’s game. One sign read: “Chris Taylor still owns a Blockbuster card,” while another stated, “Chris Taylor wears mom jeans.”
After being sent down to Class AAA Tacoma by the Mariners, shortstop Chris Taylor has been tearing the cover off the baseball. He hit two doubles Wednesday and is batting .367 this season.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Pac-12 top 10: Ryan Grubb stays at Washington, another elite QB arrives and more
- Seahawks position overview: Linebacker corps enters offseason of uncertainty
- Should the Seahawks go with a young QB? Be careful what you wish for
- Seattle sports rankings: Which team has the brightest outlook?
- Storm announce a pair of signings, including guard Arella Guirantes
But doubles weren’t the only thing the shortstop hit this week. Fielding a routine ground ball at El Paso, Taylor sailed his throw to first base, drilling the oversized and unsuspecting Chihuahua mascot near the dugout.
But that was just the start.
Looking to make amends, Chico the Chihahua offered a sign to Taylor that read: “What did I ever do to you?” Instead of making nice with Chico, Taylor tore up the offering. From there, the feud was on.
How will the feud end? Stay tuned.